Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Summer of Phil...

As I was watching golf this weekend, I was reminded of the scene that followed Phil Mickelson's final round at the Masters.  He walked off the green and embraced his wife Amy.  With everything the Mickelsons have been through this last year, those few moments made for a very touching scene.  It was right up there with Ray Kinsella playing catch with his father in 'Field of Dreams.'  I couldn't help but think about what would have happened had Tiger won.  Who would he have embraced?  Who would have been there to celebrate with him?  Who would have shared his joy?  It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season plays out.  Tiger is obviously distracted and Phil seems to be as sharp as ever.  That is why I am going to declare this, "The Summer of Phil."  Hopefully he doesn't slip on an invitation and fall down the stairs.  That would be tragic...

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment