Sunday, July 5, 2009

Jefferson lives...

I'm not much of a blogger, but I thought I'd give it a try. I love this story and feel it is appropriate on this, the day after our nations birthday. On July 4, 1826, just 50 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence, both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died. Adams' last words were, "Thomas Jefferson survives..." Little did he know that Jefferson had actually passed away just hours before. Although they were political rivals for most of their lives, Jefferson and Adams began corresponding later in life and became good friends. Each one contributed to American independence in his own way. It's a good story and I always think about it this time of year.

I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. So, Jefferson was a Federalist, right? What was Adams? Thanks for your absolutely ridiculous knowledge about most things I don't care about. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete